Swara Acacia Lodge, Athi River, Kenya
Swara Acacia Lodge is your most convenient African escape just 36 km from Nairobi. Only a 40-minute drive from the Jomo Kenyata International airport, we are located on the sprawling Swara Plains and have unbridled access to the 20,000 acres of wildlife sanctuary surrounding us.
Take your journey off the beaten path and stay in our newly renovated boutique cottages. Our lodge, with its traditional thatched roofs and indigenous decor, blends perfectly with the beauty of the natural environment.
Swara Acacia Lodge is a family run business, wholeheartedly dedicated to making sure your time with us is unforgettable.
Swara Acacia Lodge Ltd – Key Polices
One child under 3 can stay free per room. Children from 3 to 15 years of age are charged at child rates as long as they are sharing a room with an adult. Anyone who is 16 years old or over is charged at the adult rates. We allow extra beds per room and the maximum allowed is set in the booking system.
People per room
We allow extra beds for some rooms and the maximum adults and children per room is set in the booking system and no additional adults or children will be allowed. All parties to stay in the room must be declared on booking to ensure the room can accommodate them.
Check-in and Check-out
Check-in is from 14:00 on the day or arrival and check-out is 11:00 on the day of departure.
Early Check-in or Late Check- out is only is only available on request if the rooms are available and at additional cost.
Any damage to Swara Acacia Lodge property, whether accidental or wilful, is the responsibility of the registered guest for each particular room. Any costs associated with repairs and/or replacement will be charged to the registered guest. In extreme cases, criminal charges will be pursued.
Food and Drink from outside
Food and Drink from outside is strictly not allowed for any reason.
Conditions of Entry
Each person, child, company or legal entity, by simply entering or staying at Swara Acacia Lodge Ltd has without exception and limitation agreed to the following terms and conditions;
1. Check-in is from 14:00 on the day of arrival and check-out is before 11:00 on the day of departure.
2. A copy of each guest’s valid photo identity document is required to check-in.
3. The care of guest money, jewels and other valuables are solely at the owner’s risk.
4. We do not accept physical cash. You are personally liable for all costs and charges incurred in the event that any such costs and charges are not paid in full.
5. The Lodge is located in Swara Plains Wildlife Conservancy and is open to wildlife without fences, you acknowledge that you are fully aware of the risks including suffering bodily injury, death or loss of property from being in a wildlife conservancy.
6. For their safety, children under 16 years of age must be supervised at all times.
7. No pets are permitted on site without permission.
8. No fireworks, open fires or items that poses a fire risk are allowed and smoking is only allowed in designated areas.
9. No Geological or Fauna & Flora item may be removed from the place where it was found.
10. No firearms or weapons allowed.
11. Guests must have their own valid medical insurance, in the event of an injury Swara Acacia Lodge Ltd may at its own discretion and without prejudice and without admission of liability arrange for emergency medical treatment.
12. Please note that you enter Swara Acacia Lodge Ltd strictly at your own risk. The owners, directors, agents, management and/or their employees are not liable for any injury/death to any persons whether caused by their negligence or not, nor for loss or damage to property, by theft or any other cause whatsoever and you hereby indemnify and release them of any claim or claims what so ever.
Right of admission is reserved and strictly subject to our Terms and conditions and covid-19 rules.
Standard -There is no penalty for changing the booking date 3 days prior to the arrival date, there is a 50% cancellation penalty for cancelling the booking 5 days mprior to the arrival date. The entire stay will be charged for cancellations received mafter 5 days before the booking date.
Christmas, Easter and groups of more than 5 rooms -There is no penalty for changing the booking date 18 days prior to the arrival date, there is a 50% cancellation penalty for cancelling the booking 10 days prior to the arrival date. Then entire stay will be charged for cancellations received after 10 days before the booking date.
Non-refundable-certain promotions are non-refundable, once booked dates cannot be changed or refunded for any reason.
Early check-out early-check in or no show - all booked nights and services will be charged, and no refund will be made for any missed meals that are part of any package.
To confirm any booking
The requested payment must be paid in full before the date requested. If payment is not received on or before the date requested, then we reserve the right to release your booking without further notice.
See also Cancellation Policy